Re: Curth-Macklin type ichthyosis Hystrix

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Ichthyosis.com ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Glori on February 25, 19100 at 00:11:25:

In Reply to: Curth-Macklin type ichthyosis Hystrix posted by kristi on February 24, 19100 at 23:58:48:

I don't have Hystrix, I have EHK, but here is a basic description of Hystrix to get you started:

Ichthyosis Hystrix, Curth-Macklin Type is a rare inherited skin disorder. It is characterized by scaling skin (ichthyosis)ranging from mild to severe. Thick, horny skin (keratoderma) on the palms of the hands and the soles of the feet may occur with no other symptoms, or the whole body surface may be covered with scales.

Hystrix is an autosomal dominant disease, which means:

A single abnormal gene on one of the autosomnal chromosomes (one of the first 22 "non-sex" chromosomes) from either parent can cause the disease. One of the parents will have the disease (since it is dominant) in this mode of inheritance and that person is called the CARRIER. Only one parent must be the carrier in order for the child to inherit the disease.

There are others on here that do have Hystrix, so you might want to go through previous messages to find others that you can email.
I hope that helps a bit anyway.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Ichthyosis.com ] [ FAQ ]

WWWBoard 2.0a and WWWAdmin 2.0a © 1997, All Rights Reserved.
Matt Wright and DBasics Software Company